Volunteer and help others!
Becoming a volunteer is a fun, rewarding and a memorable experience where you can meet new friends and get some great experience. As a volunteer, you will be giving up a few hours of your time to make a real difference - supporting, cheering and helping those who are striving to complete their amazing charity challenge. Together it can all make a difference to others.
If you're already signed up to the challenge - why not volunteer your friends and family to join you! You may not have been able to persuade them to sign up, but by volunteering they'd be contributing to the whole of the event and would be part of your challenge in a very special way.
Join our team
As a volunteer with Great Scottish Events your journey starts with an invitation to an open day before the challenge, to learn all about what lies ahead - the different roles available, and the skills and personalities we are looking for. We are ideally looking to work with volunteers on a longer term basis - and we have many exciting and varied challenges and plenty of opportunities throughout the year to become involved with us.
• Invitation to an open evening
• Chance to meet the team and understand the behind the scenes of a large challenge
• A choice of shift hours, at different locations
• You tell us what type of role you would like to carry out
• Choose your hours to suit you
• FREE event t-shirt - so you look part of the team!
What sort of roles are available?
The role you will be placed in on the walks will very much depend on your preference and also any previous experience - however a challenge of this nature is dynamic, fast moving and you might be given a number of different roles during the event - these can range from:
• Pre and Post Event - help with set up, pack goodie bags, set up the Charity Festival and assist in final clear up.
• Pace walkers & Marshalls - along the route in support of our runners/walkers.
• Finish line cheerers - handing out medals, goody bags and hugs!
• Drivers - and mini buses for sets of tired legs and volunteers!
• Medics / Nurses - fixing feet, massaging muscles, holding hands
• Hospitality staff - looking after rest stops - looking after walkers
• Charity Marquee staff – help keep tidy and support stallholders
• Timing & tracking team - logging times using our tech equipment at rest stops
• Entertainment - Musicians, bands or choirs who would like to be involved to create a Christmas atmosphere
• Much, much, more!
Great Scottish Events volunteers are highly valued, bringing positive energy and fun to our events - and most crucially supporting our challengers when they need it most. For many who volunteer with us it is a highly rewarding experience - some have friends and family on the challenge and want to be part of the event, others are perhaps looking for experience within the challenge and events world before taking on more responsibility themselves; others do it because they just love it!
• Experience across a wide range of event management
• Looks great on your CV - if looking to work in the events management industry
• Rewarding experience - helping others achieve their goals
• Make new friends - you will be part of a bigger team, of like-minded fun people
• Many more possibilities of other volunteering roles and work with Great Scottish Events
Apply to be a volunteer!
If volunteering with us on the Christmas Charity Festival or any other challenge we organise sounds like something you would be interested in exploring further. Then please click below and fill out our Volunteer Form! You can also visit our main website at www.greatscottishevents.org.uk to find out more about who we are and what we do.